Microsoft announced the final release of their second and popular ASP.NET MVC framework. This release comes up with some excellent features. Scott Gu’s Blog Series on MVC 2 describes the new features and extensibility of this new release.
To list out some new features include:
- New Strongly Typed HTML Helpers
- Enhanced Model Validation support across both server and client
- Auto-Scaffold UI Helpers with Template Customization
- Support for splitting up large applications into “Areas”
- Asynchronous Controllers support that enables long running tasks in parallel
- Support for rendering sub-sections of a page/site using Html.RenderAction
- Lots of new helper functions, utilities, and API enhancements
- Improved Visual Studio tooling support
According to Scott Gu the final release of VS2010 will have in-built support for MVC 2.